Tuesday 14 May 2013

Must be my turn

After two posts from my wonderful Mistress, I think it's high time I said something.

I am the sub in this outfit, but that is nowhere even close to where my role ends. (Which is a large part of why I hate "about me" sections. Being asked to just sum myself up as briefly as possible? I don't think so.) I am kitten, lover, best friend and that little voice in the back of her head that tells her what's right or wrong. This is just how I like it. You may have guessed by a few of the things that have been said already that submission doesn't come particularly easy for me sometimes. I can be stubborn, argumentative and even downright disobedient. I don't want to be any of these things, it just sort of happens, which is where my amazing Mistress comes in. I need her control and her patience and, yes, even the hypnosis to eventually get past those things that hold me back from being the submissive I want to be.

She might not know this (psht, she knows me better than I know myself half the time), but one of the biggest thing that helps me get past my dommy tendencies and stubbornness is her. Just her. Exactly as she is. The perfectly flawed, tidy mess she is. If I were just a sub, and she just my Domme, I would feel weak and unneeded. I would spend so much time worrying that I would only be loved as long as I was being the good pet. As it is, I know she needs me as much as I need her. Those moments where she's overwhelmed or freaking out or insecure, while no fun for either of us, allow me to have the little bit of control I need and the feeling of being useful. I think it's what allows us to be trying to find our balance.

Man this is a much bigger subject than it felt when I started typing, feels like I'm stood at the base of Everest looking up.

OKAY

If there is to be any point to this scribbling that can be generalised to life, let it be this:

When embarking upon the journey that is a D/s relationship, people do not stop being people. Dom/mes do not automatically become all knowing, all powerful beings who need nothing but the compliance of their good little pet. Subs don't just easily abandon free will and leave their lives to the will of their Dom/me.

Dom/mes can be fragile. Subs can take control. "Ice can burn. Sofas can read. It's a big universe."

[Mistress' edit: kitten has informed me that she has no issue with this blog becoming public, so here we go! Public away! Who knows if anyone will read other than a friend but hey, it's out there for anyone who wants to see. Kinda scary :o But also exciting. :3]

1 comment:

  1. Just, wow... Wow, kitten, you summed that up so purrfectly. I adore thee mine kitten. <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete