Friday 17 May 2013

Hypnotic Sleep

I love that this is a thing.

I love hearing her breathing become deeper.
Become slower.

I love hearing her voice, softening and becoming breathy, as she struggles to speak.

I love knowing that I am putting her to bed, making her sleep, and giving her the best night's sleep that she has had in months.

This is the first time I've been so confident in what I was doing whilst putting kitten to sleep, and it was also the shortest amount of time it took. I feel like making time itself and my syllables both triggers to deepen her trance and make her sleepier was effective. We will see if it is as effective as her breathing doing it.

Maybe next time I'll try all three.

It's not even the control that makes me love this, to be honest, although that is an element. It's knowing that I am helping her in a way that is so direct and immediate.

That she will feel safe and warm and protected in my arms as she sleeps, despite the distance, despite everything else. That she will sleep deeply and restfully. I love it.

So very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment